The Invisible Dog seeks a dynamic Venue Manager
* form strong, positive relationships with the artists working in the building
* welcome artists; answer basic questions about the facility; act as intermediary between artists and Director
* collect and organize necessary technical and artistic information from artists in advance of exhibitions and performances; deliver this information to Director promptly, consistently and concisely
* supply partners, renters, et al with necessary information about the venue — as directed by, and at the sole discretion of, the Director
* welcome patrons; inform them about exhibitions; maintain an open and friendly atmosphere in the space
* act as an intermediary between the Director and the public
* answer questions about the space and programming
Facilities Management & Communications
* closely observe building; track changes and alert appropriate staff as needed when issues arise
* light maintenance of the main gallery and Glass House: sweep, restock bathroom supplies, wash storefront window, etc.
* select and hire interns for fall and spring
* write introductory newsletter text (roughly 2x, per month, due 5PM on the Sunday before it is to go out)
* assist Director with outgoing correspondence
* receive and organize deliveries
* deliver mail to artist mailboxes on second floor
* Friendly and good sense of humor
* Reliable and strict adherence to rules and regulations
* Highly organized and detail-oriented
* Strong understanding of social media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
* Familiarity with WordPress in order to assist with updating the website
* Extremely punctual
* Strong command of English language – written and spoken
* Comfortable working alone and self-directed
Important to Note
* We are not looking for a “professional.” This position is not contingent on a specific level of past work experience in the arts. However, we do expect applicants to have passion for the arts and culture, a working knowledge of the NYC arts ecosystem, and a strong desire to forge good relationships with artists, patrons, cultural partners and the space itself.
* This position requires you to work closely with the Director. Collaboration is key to the success of the Invisible Dog. We have been growing steadily since our opening in 2009. In the last few years, we have made a concerted effort to increase programming, develop an individual donor base, and cultivate relationships with private and public foundations. The Venue Manager will have an opportunity to give feedback and participate in the future growth of this dynamic institution.
Send resume, cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for this position, three references to Director Lucien Zayan email@example.com
Applications are due by 5pm on Friday April 10th.